PG AdvDipl, MSc, UKCP Registered
Counsellor and Psychotherapist for Adults
Face to face: Not currently accepting new clients
Online: Weekday & Saturday daytime
Mode: Online only
Insurances Accepted: Vitality Health, Healix Health Services Ltd, AXA PPP healthcare, Aviva and Aethna Global Benefits
I have been working as a Psychodynamic Psychotherapist for over 14 years and have worked across the NHS, charity and private sector. I currently work in private practice in Reading and the City of London. The psychotherapeutic approach I offer enables clients to gain an enlightening understanding of themselves, enabling them to make fundamental changes to improve their lives and relationships. I offer a warm, friendly and thoughtful approach where clients can talk openly about their difficulties.
- Master of Science in Theoretical Psychoanalytic Studies with University College London (1 year)
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (4 years) with WPF Therapy Kensington (FPC)
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling (1 year) with WPF Therapy Kensington, London
- Postgraduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with WPF Therapy, London
- Certificate in Solution Focused Counselling with the Professional Development Institute
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Certificate of specialised training in Critical Incident Response – A Multi-Systemic Resiliency
- Foundation in Art Therapy with the British Association of Art Therapy
- UKCP Registered and member of the Foundation of Psychotherapy and Counselling
I started my work as a psychotherapist with university students and young adults suffering from early trauma. I worked with these clients on a long-term basis ranging from several months to many years. Subsequent to my work in this area, I have gained extensive knowledge and experience of working with employees of all ages suffering from work related stress and/or issues in their personal lives. I work with clients both in the UK and globally across a variety sectors and levels of the business. I offer short term and long- term therapy; Short term therapy involves focusing on one issue or concern, whilst longer term therapy enables a client to look at a variety of issues.
What do I offer?
I predominately offer a psychodynamic approach which is particularly beneficial for those who have lost meaning in their lives or have difficulty forming or maintaining personal relationships. This approach can also be helpful with a wide variety of issues including:
- Family Issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Self-esteem issues
- Childhood Trauma
- Sexual assault/abuse
- Relationship issues
- Work related stress
- Critical Incident Debriefing
The aim of psychodynamic psychotherapy is to bring the unconscious mind into consciousness. Through this process clients gain self- knowledge through self- reflection of their internal life and behaviour. This enables clients to become more self-aware and make conscious changes in their daily life to reduce their levels of distress.
Philosophy on Counselling and Psychotherapy:
As a psychodynamic therapist I draw on all analytic therapies, including Freud, Jung, Winnicott and Melanie Klein. Through this I enable clients to understand their true, deep-rooted feelings in order to resolve them. Therapy is a space to bring what ever comes to mind within a warm and safe environment.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 or fill out this form to request a booking.