MA MBACP(Accred), CHC, Pn1
Certified Breathwork, Nutrition & Health Coach
Co-Director, Mind Garden Therapy Ltd
Face to Face: Tuesday & Thursday daytime, Thursday evening
Online: Weekday daytime & evening
Fees: £60 per session, breathwork packages available
Breathwork Coaching – A fresh approach to anxiety & mental health
Learn more with my ‘What Is Breathwork?‘ video.
Health & Nutrition Coaching
Many clients say to me how they wish to avoid medication for anxiety or depression. Recent research has supported nutrition & lifestyle interventions as effective treatments for both of these mental health concerns. This can include evidence-based interventions such as breathwork, nutrition coaching, and lifestyle therapy. Health coaching creates a personalised set of interventions and goals for you to improve both mental & physical wellbeing.
I believe that counselling & psychotherapy can help people live fuller, more satisfying lives. Over time I have seen therapy help my clients develop insight and learn to look at themselves and the world around them in a way that is more constructive for them. I have seen therapy create a confidential working space where new ideas can be explored, concerns can be aired, and personal growth can take place. I believe personal therapy is a critical aspect of any therapist’s training and have undertaken many years of therapy myself.
- 15+ years experience in client work
- BACP Accredited for 10+ years
- MA Pastoral Counselling, General Theological Seminary, New York, USA 2000
- BA (Hons) Counselling Psychology, Greenville University, USA, 1998
- Certified Precision Nutrition Coach (Pn1), 2019
- Certified, National Society of Health Coaches, USA (CHC), 2020
- Member, UK Health Coach Association
- Certificates in: Breathwork for stress, anxiety & depression, Breathwork mechanics & techniques, nutrition for mental health, 2019 & 2020
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy, 2002
- Certificate & Advanced Certificate in Emotion Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), Marriage Care, UK, 2012
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist in the UK & USA over the past 18 years, including mental health centres, a private hospital, educational settings and charities. I now work in private practice here in Reading and online.
I have a special interest in the mind-body connection, the link between mental health and nutrition / physical well-being, and the benefits of physical activity on overall health, both psychological and physiological.
I specialise in:
- Nutrition, lifestyle & physiology coaching for emotional health
- Breathwork & athletic performance
- Anxiety & depression
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & its impact on family
- Adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)
- Adult Asperger’s / autism & the impact on families
Health or Breathwork Coaching: £40 per 45 minute session (Initial assessment: £75)
Psychotherapy: £60 per 50 minute session
Family Therapy / Coaching: £85 per 1 hour session
Insurance Accepted: Vitality, AXA PPP, WPA, Aviva (for psychotherapy)
Online booking is available here:
Request A Booking
Call me directly on 07940 703132 or fill out this form to request a booking.