MA MBACP(Accred), CHC, Pn1
Counsellor & Psychotherapist for Adults, Couples & Families
Certified Nutrition & Health Coach
Director, Mind Garden Therapy Ltd
In person: Thursday daytime, Thursday evening
Online: Throughout the week, please enquire
Currently accepting only health & breathwork coaching clients
- Health/Nutrition/Breathwork Coaching: £40 per 45 minute session
- Counselling & Psychotherapy: £60 per 50 minute session
- Couples & Family Therapy / Coaching: £85 per 1 hour session
Insurance Accepted: Vitality, AXA PPP, WPA, Aviva (for counselling & psychotherapy)
- BACP Accredited since 2009
- MA Pastoral Counselling, General Theological Seminary, New York, USA 2000
- BA (Hons) Counselling Psychology, Greenville University, USA, 1998
- Level 1 Certified Precision Nutrition Coach (Pn1), 2019
- Certified, National Society of Health Coaches (CHC), 2020
- Member, UK Health Coach Association
- Recent professional development certificates in: Breathwork for stress, anxiety & depression, Breathwork mechanics & techniques, nutrition for mental health
- Certificate in Relationship & Couples Counselling, 2010
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy, 2002
- Certificate & Advanced Certificate in Emotion Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), Marriage Care, UK, 2012
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist in various settings in the UK & the USA over the past 18 years, including mental health centres, a private hospital, educational settings and charitable organisations. I currently work in private practice here in Reading and online. My experience includes work with adults, families and couples.
I have a special interest in the mind-body connection, the link between mental health and nutrition / physical well-being, and the benefits of physical activity on overall health, both psychological and physiological. I use Breath-work as an intervention for anxiety & depression and a more active alternative to meditation.
I am co-owner and co-lead therapist of Mind Garden Therapy, Reading’s largest centre for private counselling, psychotherapy & psychology founded in 2010.
What do I offer?
- Short & long-term individual therapy with specialisation in exploratory, open-ended psychotherapy that allows personal change to happen organically over time.
- Health & nutrition & breathwork coaching for mental health (particularly anxiety & depression), psychological health, fitness, eating disorder recovery, self-optimisation & sports performance.
- Couples therapy or relationship coaching using Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT) and/or person-centred coaching depending upon the couple’s needs.
- Discernment Counselling, a short term process for couples considering separation.
Approach and orientation
My approach is integrative, drawing from my training in person-centred psychotherapy, Jungian analytical psychology and person-centred coaching.
I specialise in:
- Nutrition, lifestyle & physiology coaching for emotional health
- Anxiety & depression
- Long term relationships & relationship support
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & the impact on family
- Adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)
- Adult Asperger’s / autism & the impact on families
Philosophy on Counselling and Psychotherapy
I believe that counselling & psychotherapy can help people live fuller, more satisfying lives. Over time I have seen therapy help my clients develop insight and learn to look at themselves and the world around them in a way that is more constructive for them. I have seen therapy create a confidential working space where new ideas can be explored, concerns can be aired, and personal growth can take place. I believe personal therapy is a critical aspect of any therapist’s training and have undertaken many years of therapy myself.
Health & Nutrition Coaching
Many clients say to me how they wish to avoid medication for anxiety or depression. Recent research has supported nutrition & lifestyle interventions as effective treatments for both of these mental health concerns. This can include evidence-based interventions such as breathwork, nutrition coaching, and lifestyle therapy.
- Breathwork for Anxiety & Depression: Do you feel you can’t enjoy life because you are too keyed up or too down? Breathwork gives you tools to powerfully shift your mood through your central nervous system. Too impatient for meditation? Breathwork is an on-the-move alternative. In breathwork coaching sessions I work to understand your psychological state and teach you techniques to disrupt anxiety & depression.
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching: There is a growing body of scientific evidence for nutrition’s impact on mental health. In nutrition & lifestyle coaching sessions we work together to determine areas of improvement and supplementation to enable you to feel your best.
Request A Booking
Call me directly on 07940 703132 or fill out this form to request a booking.