MA MBACP(Accred), CHC, Pn1
Certified Breathwork, Nutrition & Health Coach
Co-Director, Mind Garden Therapy Ltd
In person: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday daytime, Thursday evening
Online: As above
Health or Breathwork Coaching: £40 per 45 minute session (Initial assessment: £75)
Psychotherapy: £60 per 50 minute session
Couples & Family Therapy / Coaching: £85 per 1 hour session
Insurance Accepted: Vitality, AXA PPP, WPA, Aviva (for psychotherapy)
What do I offer?
- Breathwork Training
Do you struggle with anxiety? Do you feel you can’t enjoy life because you are too keyed up or too down? Breathwork gives you tools to powerfully shift your mood through your central nervous system. Too impatient for meditation? Breathwork is an active alternative. In breathwork coaching sessions I work to understand your psychological state and teach you techniques to disrupt anxiety & depression. Read more here or book a phone consultation with Ann-Marie to see if breathwork is right for you.
- Health & Nutrition Coaching
Many clients say to me how they wish to avoid medication for anxiety or depression. Recent research has supported nutrition & lifestyle interventions as effective treatments for both of these mental health concerns. This can include evidence-based interventions such as breathwork, nutrition coaching, and lifestyle therapy. Health coaching creates a personalised set of interventions and goals for you to improve both mental & physical wellbeing.
I believe that counselling & psychotherapy can help people live fuller, more satisfying lives. Over time I have seen therapy help my clients develop insight and learn to look at themselves and the world around them in a way that is more constructive for them. I have seen therapy create a confidential working space where new ideas can be explored, concerns can be aired, and personal growth can take place. I believe personal therapy is a critical aspect of any therapist’s training and have undertaken many years of therapy myself.
- Family Therapy
I offer therapy to families of adults (such as 2 adult siblings, a parent with an adult child, or parents wanting support regarding concerns about a child.) In recent years I’ve had particular experience working with families concerned about mental illness, emotional distress and Asperger’s.
- 15+ years experience in client work
- BACP Accredited for 10+ years
- MA Pastoral Counselling, General Theological Seminary, New York, USA 2000
- BA (Hons) Counselling Psychology, Greenville University, USA, 1998
- Certified Precision Nutrition Coach (Pn1), 2019
- Certified, National Society of Health Coaches, USA (CHC), 2020
- Member, UK Health Coach Association
- Certificates in: Breathwork for stress, anxiety & depression, Breathwork mechanics & techniques, nutrition for mental health, 2019 & 2020
- Certificate in Multi-Systemic Family Therapy, 2002
- Certificate & Advanced Certificate in Emotion Focused Couple Therapy (EFT), Marriage Care, UK, 2012
I have worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist in the UK & USA over the past 18 years, including mental health centres, a private hospital, educational settings and charities. I now work in private practice here in Reading and online.
I have a special interest in the mind-body connection, the link between mental health and nutrition / physical well-being, and the benefits of physical activity on overall health, both psychological and physiological.
I am co-owner and co-lead therapist of Mind Garden Therapy, Reading’s largest centre for private counselling, psychotherapy & psychology founded in 2010.
I specialise in:
- Nutrition, lifestyle & physiology coaching for emotional health
- Breathwork & athletic performance
- Anxiety & depression
- Relationship difficulties including adjustment to divorce, separation, changes in primary relationships
- Mental illness & its impact on family
- Adult relationships in families (adult siblings / parents & grown children, etc.)
- Adult Asperger’s / autism & the impact on families
Approach and orientation
My approach is integrative, drawing from my training in person-centred psychotherapy, Jungian analytical psychology and person-centred coaching.
Request A Booking
Call me directly on 07940 703132 or fill out this form to request a booking.