BSc (Hons) Psychology, MSc Development & Psychopathology, MBACP
Psychologist & Counsellor for Adults & Young People 16+
Availability: Monday, Tuesday & Friday daytime & evenings, Saturday daytime
Mode: In person & online
Fees: £60 per hour
I am a person-centred psychologist & counsellor with substantial experience supporting those who have experienced abuse, trauma and crime, or who suffer with mental health issues such as personality disorder, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorder, health anxiety or social anxiety. I have skills and experience in helping clients understand their sense of self, especially in their relationships with others.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- MSc Development and Psychopathology
- Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Forensic Psychology
- Level 4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling
- Member of the British Psychological Association (BPS)
- Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Enhanced DBS Check
I am a qualified psychologist and counsellor with 9 years of experience supporting adolescents and adults age 14+ in the following roles:
- Counsellor at No5 Youth Counselling Service supporting young people aged 14 to 25 with a range of issues
- Counsellor at Trust House Reading supporting adults and young people aged 14-18 dealing with rape, childhood sexual abuse and other forms of abuse
- Counsellor at Slough Sexual Abuse Referral Centre supporting adult victims of rape and abuse
- Approved Counsellor at Victims First supporting victims of crime and survivors of rape and abuse
What do I offer?
I offer a safe space for clients who are looking to work with the following:
- Anxiety, stress, OCD and bipolar disorder
- Complex mental health issues such as personality disorder (borderline, narcissistic, histrionic, dependent, mixed)
- Self-identity and development
- Sexual, physical, emotional, domestic, psychological abuse (including
coercive and controlling behaviour, stalking and harassment)
- Crime and issues related to this such as trauma and complex PTSD (post traumatic stress)
- Young adults looking to develop their identity and make their own life choices.
Approach and orientation
As a person-centred psychologist & counsellor, I work with each client’s particular needs, forming a working relationship that respects the client’s self-knowledge and self-awareness. I bring in ideas from other approaches (e.g. psychodynamic and psychological theory) as appropriate to each client.
Philosophy on counselling and psychotherapy
As a person-centred psychologist & counsellor I work with a client’s self-awareness and experience, helping them to access their own internal knowledge and resources to work through their issues and towards their goals. I use attachment theory to help clients understand how their early relationships with parents and carers affect their adult ways of relating. I use our understanding of neuroscience to work with the ways in which our early relationships affect our development and mental health. I also use neuroscience to help clients reduce their symptoms of trauma and stress. The therapeutic relationship is key to my work, and helps us understand our relationships with the key people in our lives.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 or fill out this form to request a booking.