Counsellor & Psychotherapist for Adults & Couples, Psychosexual Specialist
Availability: Not currently accepting new clients.
Mode: Online only
Fees: Individuals £70 for 50 minute sessions, Couples £70 for 50 minutes, £110 for 90 minutes
I am an experienced counsellor and psychotherapist using a relational approach, to work with individuals of any race, culture, religion or sexual orientation (LGBTQ) and Gender, Sexuality & Relationship Diversity (GSRD).
I work with both specific issues and psychotherapeutically, for short or longer term work, as required.
I have completed a post-graduate training in Psychosexual Therapy, (Sex & Relationship Therapy) and can offer this to both individuals and couples, to explore sexual and relationship issues at depth.
- MBACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) & COSRT (College of Sexual & Relationship Therapists)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Humanistic (CPCAB)
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Skills & Theory (CPCAB)
- Diploma in Individual & Group Supervision: Counselling, Psychotherapy & Related Professions (Cascade)
- Diploma in Casework Supervision (ABC)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Holistic Psychosexual Therapy (Centre for Psychosexual Health, www.psychosexualhealth.org.uk)
I am a psychosexual and relationship therapist, for both individuals and couples in private practice, with over ten years of experience as an independent practitioner.
I am an experienced lecturer in counselling and psychotherapy training, facilitating Integrative courses, to advanced diploma level.
I previously worked for a number of years in Primary Care settings taking GP referrals, for both short and longer term work in the treatment of common life issues, and as a school counsellor, with children and young people aged 11-18
Approach and orientation
I am an integrative practitioner, combining a number of theoretical models to meet individual needs. My core way of working is client-centred, with a strong attachment-informed perspective. Attachment theory acknowledges the impact of early relational experiences as they affect styles of relating in adulthood.
My first therapy training combined the Person Centred Approach, Existential therapy and Transactional Analysis, later adding attachment-informed perspectives and psychodynamic principles to work at greater depth with historic experiences, such as trauma, attachment issues and abuse. I use a trauma-informed model to address post-traumatic issues.
My approach overall is to be relational – psychotherapy is said to be the intentional use of the therapeutic relationship to bring about healing and growth for clients, and the relationship between us will be at the heart of the work undertaken. I am gentle, supportive, respectful and genuine, with a strong belief in the quality of the relationship between us as being crucial to the outcomes of therapy. I work with authenticity and genuineness, and a fundamental respect for your autonomy throughout our work together.
Working with Relationship and/or Sexual Issues
I work with both individuals and couples (and other kinds of relationships) to explore relationship issues. It can be valuable to have the space to explore your own patterns of relating, which can be reparative and healing for you, allowing authentic and satisfying adult relationships of your choosing to follow.
I am a qualified Integrative Psychosexual Therapist, and work with a range of psychosexual issues, for example,
- Sexual shame
- Recovery from sexual violence as an adult or a child
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Difficulties with arousal and desire
- Development of the sexual self and sexual self esteem and understanding/acceptance (Sexual Health)
- Sexual relationship difficulties where attachment issues may be present
- Couples and other relationships, including the deepening of the relationship or attending to sexual difficulties
- Recovery after betrayal or relationship breakdown
My belief is that sexual health, and the ownership of a healthy sense of individual sexuality, is a vital part of our humanity, and I consider it a basic human right. Therefore, it can be so very valuable to have a space in which this significant part of a person’s sense of identity and sexual expression can be explored, validated and developed. I aim to bring a gentle, non-shaming approach that can help facilitate this, recognising how difficult it can be to talk about your sexuality and sexual difficulties. You will always be met with warmth, respect and recognition of your autonomy and choices.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 or fill out this form to request a booking.