Dip Therapeutic Counselling
Counsellor for Adults
In person: Not currently accepting new clients
Online: Not currently accepting new clients
Fee: £50 per session
I am an integrative counsellor with experience supporting those who have suffered abuse, trauma and crime or those with mental health issues such as OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), isolation, anxiety and depression. I offer both short and long term therapy and have an increasing specialism in adult Autism.
- AQA Certificate in counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate In Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
I am a qualified counsellor with 3 years’ experience working with adults in the following roles:
- Counsellor, Survivor’s Trust Charity, Reading – supporting adults dealing with rape, childhood sexual abuse, domestic violence, both current & historical.
- Group Private Practice, Reading – Counselling adults with a variety of concerns often including anxiety, OCD, hoarding, autism, and sexuality.
What do I offer?
I aim to offer a calm and safe space for clients who are looking to work with the following:
- Anxiety and related symptoms
- Adults with Autism- helping them develop their own identities and enable them to make independent life choices
- Self-identity and development
- Sexual, physical, emotional, and psychological abuse including controlling behaviour
- Issues related to traumatic events and complex PTSD (Post traumatic Stress Disorder)
Approach and orientation
As a integrative counsellor, I work with each client’s particular needs. This is by forming a working relationship that respects and acknowledges my client’s self knowledge and self-awareness. I bring a range of different approaches such as person centred techniques in which we look at the present and where the client currently is.
I also use psychodynamic methods to help clients look at background reason for present day concerns.
For autistic clients I provide an outline of what to expect from our sessions, both visually and verbally to help relieve anxieties about entering into a new situation. I aim to establish a shared experience between myself and the client in the therapy room where we explore goals and focus together.
Philosophy on Counselling and Psychotherapy
As an integrative counsellor I believe therapy offers an opportunity for self-exploration with another person. I believe self-awareness is key to unlocking ourselves and how we experience life. Experiencing our emotions in a safe and confidential therapeutic relationship can be a great benefit to our journey toward self-awareness. It enables us to understand our relationships and ourselves.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 or fill out this form to request a booking.