Michelle King MBACP Reg
Face to face: Not currently accepting new clients
Online: My practice is currently full
Fees: £60 per session
Hello! Are you are feeling anxious, weighed down or like you have nowhere to turn? Life isn’t always plain sailing; having someone to talk to about your feelings without judgement can be invaluable. I’d like to help.
I work with young people (11+) and adults facing issues such as anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, grief and more. I look forward to meeting you.
• CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
• CPCAB Level 3 in Counselling Theory
• CPCAB Level 2 in Counselling Skills
• Understanding Anxiety, Depression and CBT – University of Reading & Future Learn
• Park House School, Newbury – counselling 11-18 year olds
• Kennet School, Thatcham – counselling 11-18 year olds
• Private Practice – counselling young people aged 11+ and adults
• Home Start West Berkshire – group therapy for women with PND
• Time to Talk West Berkshire, Parent Project – counselling adults
• Time to Talk West Berkshire – counselling 11-25 year olds
• Oxford City College – counselling 18-25 year olds
What do I offer?
I offer one-to-one counselling to young people (11+) and adults, both short and long term. Counselling with me is an opportunity to explore and better understand yourself, and to grow in confidence. You will have the opportunity to breathe, reflect and be heard.
Approach and orientation:
My work is primarily rooted in the person-centred approach: A talking therapy that puts you, the client, at the centre of the counselling relationship. I also integrate aspects of psychodynamic therapy and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) into my work. In this way my counselling is tailored to each individual client; it’s as unique as you are.
When working with children and young people, I often bring more creative methods into the therapy room. Children relate to the world in very different ways; through play, art and creativity, I help them explore their feelings and tell their unique stories. If you’re an adult who loves to be creative, we can work with that too!
Philosophy on counselling and psychotherapy:
I believe we are all our own experts, and through the power of talking I hope to awaken a deeper awareness of your unique potential and open up the possibility for positive change.
Many of us have times when we feel overwhelmed, weighed down or trapped and it can seem there is nowhere to turn; you are not alone.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 or fill out this form to request a booking.