PGDip UKCP Reg Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor for Adults
Face to face: My practice is currently full
Online: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday daytime
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Foundations of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Integrating CBT Modalities
- UKCP Registered
I have been active in counselling and psychotherapy for over 10 years. Before
establishing a private practice in Reading and Wallingford I worked as a counsellor within community, charity and NHS settings in London. I currently specialise in one-to-one work, previously I have also co-facilitated an art therapy group in an inpatient mental health unit and delivered crisis support in a community drop-in centre.
I have a professional and personal interest in the mind’s unconscious motivations and quirks, the role of the body in our wellbeing, and interpersonal relationships. As part of my continuing development I have been training in systemic and body-based approaches such as systemic constellation work, internal family systems (IFS) and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and follow the latest neurobiological and sensorimotor research.
My professional qualifications include a post graduate diploma in Integrative
Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy, and I am a registered and fully
accredited member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP).
What do I offer?
I work with a wide range of issues, such as:
- Anxiety and feelings of insecurity
- Relationship and family concerns
- Belonging and trust issues
- Low self-esteem and confidence issues
- Feelings of sadness, meaninglessness and loneliness
- Identity issues
- Feeling ‘stuck’
- Creative or writer’s block
- Change and transitions: career change, parenthood, retirement, separation
- Bereavement and loss, both recent and past
- Body image and eating issues
Approach and orientation:
I come from an integrative background and aim to see and relate to each person as the individual they are. I facilitate a safe expression of the mind and body in a
compassionate setting – despite it being our birthright, many of us have not had this experience, and an important part of our potential lies undiscovered as a result.
I enjoy helping clients reconnect with their authentic sense of self and provide gentle feedback where appropriate, so that clients can increasingly recognise and feel their inner strength and go on using it with confidence after their sessions are completed.
- psychodynamic, existential, Gestalt and attachment approaches, which foster
understanding of our personality and early development
- practical CBT tools, to brainstorm and find solutions to immediate concerns
- body-based approaches and tools, to increase wellbeing and develop a selfcare
routine if needed
- systemic techniques and tools, to understand relationships in a ‘bigger picture’
- creative, play therapy and art materials (no artistic skill required), to support
self-expression and to bypass the rational mind.
Philosophy on counselling and psychotherapy:
I believe that difficulties, however painful and deserving of acknowledgement and compassion, can be understood as pointers towards an area that needs our attention so we can grow and thrive again. We struggle and feel, but also grow the most in relationships due to the fact that, as humans, we are naturally wired for connection.
Psychotherapy presents an opportunity to reconnect with ourselves and others.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 or fill out this form to request a booking.