Pam Coward AdvDip MBACP
Integrative Counsellor for Adults & Qualified Nurse
Face to Face: Not currently accepting new clients
Online: Not currently accepting new clients
Fees: £55 per session
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, CPCAB Level 5
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy Certificate of Proficiency
- Qualified Nurse
- Qualified in Diabetes Care, Warwick University
- Certificate in Cruse Bereavement Care
- Certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
I have a broad experience working with adults and young people at youth counselling agencies, Rape Crisis and health care settings. I have over 30 years of experience in nursing, diabetes care, and dementia including early onset & rare dementias / cognitive decline.
In my experience, effective counselling provides a trusting relationship with someone who is non-judgemental, accepting and able to listen. I believe counselling can be beneficial for those experiencing past or present concerns and feel the need for professional support.
What do I Offer?
I offer short or longer term counselling. I have particular experience in:
- Early onset & unusual dementia / cognitive decline
- Depression & anxiety
- Bereavement, including miscarriage and baby loss
- Domestic and sexual abuse
- Health concerns & health anxiety
- Self esteem & personal development
- Workplace stress & bullying
Initially we would meet for a session to discuss the focus of therapy and whether we can work effectively together. We would then arrange weekly sessions.
Approach and orientation
My approach is integrative, meaning I offer a variety of ways of working. This can include person centred counselling which works with your individual experiences or a more structured approach like CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). My emphasis is on the therapeutic relationship and the mode of therapy is tailored to what comes up in the process of counselling.
Philosophy on counselling and psychotherapy
My aim is to provide a safe and confidential environment which is non-judgemental. It is an opportunity for you to explore your past and present thoughts and feelings, which could lead to a better understanding of yourself and your relationships with others. Counselling is an opportunity to have your experiences acknowledged & validated and to consider change.
Request A Booking
Please call 01189 070420 to request a booking.