Mind Garden is Reading’s most comprehensive centre for counselling, psychology and psychotherapy.
Therapists register with the centre by way of application. All our therapists are suitably accredited or registered with a major professional body and adhere to strict professional ethical guidelines. **Please note we are currently only accepting applications from family therapists and couples therapists.**
Mind Garden offers to registered therapists:
- By the hour room hire
- A community of diverse professionals within the field and an annual networking gathering
- A centre, established in 2010, run by experienced therapists
- A referral program
- Access to a professional development program at preferential rates
- Eight well-appointed rooms that are maintained on a continual, attentive basis in a Grade II listed building
- A low-cost room hire scheme that enables therapists to see clients unable to pay full fees
- Please note that we do not offer placements or work experiences of any kind
Interested in working at Mind Garden?
We are currently only accepting applications from qualified & experienced family and/or couple therapists. Applicants would need to be BACP/UKCP accredited or the equivalent. If you meet this criteria please complete our application. Please note all Mind Garden therapists are self-employed and not employees of the centre.
Forbury offers seating for up to four people on the ground floor of the building.
Heligan offers seating for up to five people at the rear of the ground floor.
On the first floor, Temenos seats four people.
Also on the first floor at the front of the building, Eden has seating for four people.
Two private kitchens with seating are available to therapists. There is ample waiting area for clients and several rooms feature white noise makers to ensure privacy.
Parking for clients is located immediately in front of the building (pay & display) or the well-known Oracle Car Park which is a minute’s walk away. Buses stop immediately in front of the building and Reading Station is approximately a 10 minute walk away.
Note regarding disabled access: Please note that the while the ground floor of the building has rear access without steps, the toilet is located on the first floor of the building. A wheelchair ramp is available for front door access.